Students’ or teachers’ bags are a great source of ideas/ You can use your own bag/wallet/rucksak or (if people are comfortable enough and happy to do it) you can get the person sitting next to use their bags.
But what’s in it?
Take an item out of the bag and discuss what this item is and why its important. The activity is highly adaptable and I taught it to students from primary uo to adults. It’s a great boost to speaking and could be easily used at public speaking activities.
- Asking quetsions: Simply encourage your students to work in pair and make their partners guess what the other is holding in their hand. You may decide to telll them to use a particular type of questions of course.
- Playing taboo: A student describing a thing from the bag is avoiding the words which would reveal the object too easily.
- Public speaking intro: A student in a pair/ group has to talk about the object for one minute. Their partner’s task is guessing the object but they cannot ask any questions.
I asked my students to take photos of their schoolbags’ content. As I was later on showing the slides one by one we tried to guess whose is the bag and what it tells about the owner.
zapraszamy na konferencję “Nowa podstawa programowa z języków obcych”
Przygotowanie do egzaminu ósmoklasisty” w dniu 9 kwietnia 2018r /poniedziałek/ w godzinach 15-18.
W trakcie spotkania doradcy metodyczni WCIES przedstawią zwięźle główne wymagania egzaminu 8 klasisty a wydawnictwa dynamicznie przedstawią swoją ofertę wydawniczą dla 8 klas / repetytoria, podręczniki/. Wzorem zeszłorocznego wydarzenia każde wydawnictwo przygotuje dla Państwa materiały konferencyjne oraz będzie możliwość indywidualnych konsultacji zarówno z przedstawicielami wydawnictw jak i zespołem doradców.
Stoimy przed wyborem materiałów edukacyjnych dla 8 klas, dlatego zapraszamy na wydarzenie, które pozwoli porównać oferty i dokonać wyboru.
Partnerami wydarzenia Macmillan, OUP, Egis/Express Publishing, PWN, Pearson, Nowa Era – w jednym miejscu w jednym czasie!
Zapraszam nauczycieli języków obcych, na wydarzenie mamy tylko 150 miejsc, decyduje kolejność zgłoszeń.
A couple of videos that I found inspiring:
I am a small town guy who having discovered teaching profession moved to the capital city of Poland, Warsaw, to grow smarter and face the challanges of teaching in public institutions, private language schools and companies. After the Teacher Training Centre in Ciechanów and a year of private tuition and Public Lower Secondary School in Przasnysz I moved to another Lower Secondary in Warsaw, where I stayed for 6 years. Through this time I did my bit as a class teacher, gradutaed from Warsaw University, Institute of English Philology, where I wrote my MA thesis “Multiple Intelligences and using drama” under the supervision of Prof. dr hab. Hanna Komorowska.
At this time I fullfilled my dream and ambition to have graduated from psychology at Karydnał Stefan Wyszyński University in Warsaw where I defended my MA thesis “The sense of life and anxiety at teachers with short and and long career span” supervised by Jan Tylka.
In 2007 I moved to Thaddeus Czacki Highschool and I have been here since. At my school I have been twice a class teacher and a Students Spokesman, moodle platform administrator, leader of ICT and languages teachers coordinator. I am also responsible for professional development and it is one of the areas I feel really at ease. I like providing training to other teachers during workshops, and eagerly open the gates of my classroom to my fellows. Below you will find some of my other professional experiences:
• since 2015 – owner at Meet Up – educational services,
• since 2011 – teacher trainer at private educational institutions,
• 2009-2011 – e-teacher Empik Online developing and teaching courses, Warsaw
• since 2007 – teacher, teacher trainer at 27th T. Czacki High School in Warsaw,
• 2002-2008 – teacher, ISO Auditor at 39th Lower Secondary School in Warsaw,
• 2002-2009 – teacher, teacher trainer at TFLS – Warsaw,
• 2002-2004 – teacher of English at Brittanica School in Warsaw,
• 2009-2011 – Warsaw Feis Irish dancing contest organiser, Warsaw
• 2001-2002 – teacher at 1st Lower Secondary School in Przasnysz.
Prizes/ grants/ projects so far
• 2016 – Global Issues SIG event organiser at IATEFL UK
• 2015 – “Let your fire burn” speech at “Twist” conference, Warsaw
• 2015 – “Global issues in ELT” speech at IATEFL HU Budapest,
• 2015 – “Burnout syndrome in teachers” speech at IATEFL PL Kraków,
• 2014 -“Authentic materials” workshop at IATEFL PL conference, Lublin
• 2014 – cooperation with Pro Publicum – e-learning system evaluation, Warsaw
• 2012 – Poland representative at Partners in Learning European Forum, Lisbon
• 2011 – the third prize at Innovative Teachers Contest in Poland,
• 2011 – European Language Label for the innovation in teaching English,
• 2010 – cooperation with Oxford University Press, coursebook reviews,
• 2009 – European eLearning Forum for Education 2 (ELFE 2)
In 2006 for the first time I received Comenius 2 .2.c. grant for the teacher development course Language and Contemporary Teaching Techniques organized by Bell Centre in Saffron Walden, UK. In 2010 I was again awarded a Comenius programme grant for education staff. I took part in two weeks development training – Introduction to Information & Communication Technology for Language Teachers in University of Limerick, Limerick, Ireland.
In 2011 I took part in the contest for Innovative Teachers and aI won the third prize which gave me the oppportunity to present my achievements and share with others in 2012 in Lisbon at the Microsoft event Partners in Learning European Forum.
The same year I was awarded European Language Label for the innovation in teaching for the project: www.czacki.moodle.waw.pl as a Tool Supporting English Teaching at No. XXVII Tadeusz Czacki Upper Secondary School in Warsaw.
In 2006 for the first time I received Comenius 2 .2.c. grant for the teacher development course Language and Contemporary Teaching Techniques organized by Bell Centre in Saffron Walden, UK.
Between 2002 and 2006 I coorganized International Irish Dancing Competition in Warsaw – Warsawfeis